Master of Public Health – Epidemiology graduate, well-versed in data analysis, study design, international health, and chronic disease. Techie at heart, with solid knowledge of SAS, SPSS, ArcGIS, and distributed GIServices.
San Diego State University
Master of Public Health – Epidemiology (2013)
University of California, Irvine
Bachelor of Science – Biological Sciences (2010)
Online Data Dissemination Manager
UCLA Center for Health Policy Research
June 2013 – Present
Oversee the development, implementation, and maintenance of several new and existing online dissemination efforts created by the California Health Interview Survey (CHIS) to improve knowledge and access to quality health data on California’s diverse population.
- Manage the development and implementation of AskCHIS Neighborhood Edition (AskCHIS NE), a new data dissemination and visualization application powered by CHIS data at granular levels of geography (zip code, city).
- Oversee the ongoing development, functionality, and maintenance of AskCHIS, a premiere source of health data powered by CHIS, removing the need for sophisticated statistical software and programming knowledge (see it at http://askchis.com).
- Manage and plan for the release of several health profile reports, focusing on adult and child populations in California, as well as the design of new race/ethnic health profile reports and visualizations.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress through budget, work plan, and development surveillance.
- Promote the use of CHIS data for research and industry purposes, increasing stakeholder and community engagement.
Mitochon Systems, Inc.
June 2011 – June 2013
- Became an EHR subject-matter expert, working with physicians throughout the system training and implementation process, as well as the Meaningful Use Stage I certification application.
- Successfully implemented Salesforce.com CRM into the support, marketing and sales departments of the organization, improving data storage abilities and increasing data input/analysis efficiency. Developed and delivered application training for end users.
- Worked with technical teams to prototype and deploy new application features, improving user experience and onboarding.
- Compiled, designed, and published application user guides in both HTML and PDF formats.
Develop and implement internal processes and workflows to increase efficiencies in the company support infrastructure. Implement, administer, and enhance Salesforce.com CRM. Facilitate training sessions for health care providers, going over EHR/EMR system implementation, application usage, and Meaningful Use reporting. Generate application metrics, emphasizing caseload, user activity, and client satisfaction. Become an application subject-matter expert to assist with ongoing user support.
GIS Analyst – Intern
San Diego Health & Human Services / SDSU
February 2013 – June 2013
- Assist in the planning of a large scale community emergency preparedness forum.
- Coordinate, develop and implement Google Maps API to track forum attendees’ preferred methods of communication, as well as top sources for emergency risk response
- Produce County-wide maps of spatial patterns to assist in post-forum follow up.
- Design invitations, pamphlets and a forum package for conference attendees.
Research Assistant II
San Diego State University
February 2012 – December 2012
- Took lead on input, cleaning and univariate analysis of ECG/EKG measurements from in-hospital cardiac arrest patients.
- Used Excel and SAS 9.2 to provide cross-sectional views on multiple variables associated with cardiac arrest, such as heart rate, QRS complex morphology and ST segment elevation and depression.
- Worked with a multidisciplinary team to successfully convert digital ECG signals for analysis.
Assist with patient screening, ECG/EKG signal reading/data input, cleaning and analysis. Assist with research presentations, manuscript preparation, and abstract development. Use SPSS/SAS to analyze EKG signal characteristics. Work with multiple departments to develop a protocol for digitizing paper ECG data.
Data & Code
R / RStudio
Shiny / Shiny Server
Design & Creative
- Rau BA, Luderer U – Effects of Knockout of Antioxidant Genes on Spermatogenesis. UROP Research Symposium. UC Irvine, May 2010.
- Nakamura BN, Lawson G, Chan JY, Banuelos J, Cortes MM, Hoang YD, Ortiz L, Rau BA, Luderer, U (2010). Knockout of the Transcription Factor Nrf2 Disrupts Spermatogenesis in an Age-Dependent Manner. Free Rad. Bio. Med. 49, 1368-1379.
- Nakamura BN, Mohar I, Hoang YD, Cortes MM, Patel R, Rau BA, McConnachie L, Kavanagh TJ, Luderer U. Increased Sensitivity to Testicular Toxicity of Transplacental benzo[a]pyrene Exposure in Male glutamate cysteine ligase modifier subunit knockout (Gclm -/-) Mice. Toxicological Sciences. 126, 227-241.